- We work with clients across the globe and can boast a truly international presence to meet your worldwide requirements. We have an unrivalled team of more than 2,500 language trainers worldwide, delivering training in 150+ countries.
- You can take your Swahili course in any global location; city or remote village we can provide training at your office, home or preferred location.
Swahili Language Courses
CALL +44 1628 778476Swahili Language training for corporate personnel, management, expats and their families.
Swahili speakers worldwide : 14 million
FAQ about Swahili Courses
We offer full flexibility of course options and scheduling. You can take your training how and when it suits you. All training is arranged to fit in with your business schedules, and can also be arranged outside of the normal working day.
- One to One – Face-to- face training with one of our experienced native trainers at either your office or home.
- Group On-site – Small group training taken on-site at your offices, with one of our language trainers.
- Virtual Training – Internet-based remote live training via platforms such as Skype and Google Hangouts with one of our specialised trainers.
- E-learning – A self-study software package available from beginner to upper intermediate levels.
- Fast track – Half-day, Full-day or week long immersion courses taken at your home or offices. The fast track option can also be supported by e-learning and virtual classroom training,
- Blended Learning – Take your course through a ‘blend’ of face-to-face training , e-learning and virtual training in a format to suit you
- The content of our language training is always tailored to the precise needs of each learner. This means we do not follow a “one-size-fits-all” approach, but rather deliver bespoke content based on the requirements of each delegate. We evaluate these requirements through a thorough pre-course needs analysis.
- The content will focus on your professional and everyday activities, job function, lifestyle and skill expertise. For spouses and families, the emphasis is on instantly applicable language skills to enable immediate practical day-to-day communication and an effective social interface.
- Our courses employ the ELAM (Empirical Language Acquisition Model) involving a systematic acquisition of language, in which you are immediately “trained” to use in a verbal, practical and functional way. This method aims to produce confident oral and aural fluency, and essentially through constant usage, is designed to facilitate long term memory retention in adult learners.
One of our experienced native business language trainers from our global network of over 2,500 trainers will be assigned to your course after we have conducted your needs analysis. All of our professional trainers have a minimum of 3 years’ teaching experience with the required qualifications and background checks and are provided training in Directors languages’ unique ELAM language acquisition model.
We assess your Swahili level using the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) as seen below:
Speak Swahili with Directors Languages
To request a proposal for a Swahili course or for information on our fees, then please call us on +44 (0)1628 778 476 to discuss your language requirements. Or submit an enquiry on our website.
This course will enable you to travel in and around a Swahili speaking country using some basic Swahili. The language acquired will help enable initial contact, both face-to-face and over the telephone, and support a warmer interface with those you meet. Typically, you will be able to deal with practical functions such as hotel accommodation, transport (taxis etc.), restaurants, purchases, and be able to present yourself in Swahili on a social and business level.
This course will enable you to speak and comprehend enough Swahili – in relation to your business and personal interests – to make a communicative input when dealing with speakers of Swahili.
You will develop pre-intermediate skills in general situations. In practical terms, you will be able to present yourself, your company, your interests, make basic contributions in meetings (whilst understanding its general content and direction), be at ease on a simple question-and-answer basis, and be ‘au fait’ with local social courtesies. In general situations, you will be able to make statements and observations, read common signs/notices/directions, and be capable of surviving comfortably whilst staying in a Swahili speaking country.
This course will enable you to establish and maintain business relationships in Swahili. You will be able to conduct yourself with effective impact across your business, social, and general activities.
During this course, you will develop intermediate skills in both practical and general situations. In practical terms, you will be able to present ideas and projects with clarity, make prepared or rehearsed presentations, deal with more complex questions and answers, and follow meetings conducted in Swahili. In general situations, you will be able to converse with quickening reflexes, be at ease in social situations, and be able to function effectively in practical everyday tasks.
By equipping families of employees or assignees with the skills needed to effectively communicate in Swahili, they are able to settle into their new home and country with ease.
Frequently, families are keen to learn more about the local culture of a Swahili speaking country as well as the Swahili language, and because their trainers are native speakers who are local to the country, this aspect is easily introduced to their courses.
This course will provide the necessary linguistic competence and accompanying confidence to carry out the normal business of your company, engage in specialist discussion, and meet business objectives in Swahili.
During this course, you will develop proficient skills in both professional and general situations. In practical terms, you will be able to make unrehearsed presentations, as well as express yourself, ideas, and arguments in a clear and coherent manner. You will develop normal conversational reflexes, and be able to follow speech at native speed on non-familiar subjects. In general situations, your grasp of everyday language functions should enable you to visit or reside in a Swahili speaking country with the comfort and confidence of a near-native speaker.
“My teacher was great and really enthusiastic; she really helped me to get to grips with some basic Japanese, which really made settling into life here much easier.”
Head of Sales EMEA & APAC
“The Japanese Operational Proficiency course enabled us to win business in Japan, we wouldn’t have otherwise got. The ability to make the case for our products and present ideas in Japanese via video conferencing and face to face meetings undoubtedly gave us an edge over our competitors. Many thanks Directors Languages for arranging our course, […]
“My course has been ‘life changing’ for me and has enabled me to do part of my job in French now, enhancing my career prospects. I didn’t believe I could learn a second language, having failed languages at school. The course provided my Directors Languages has given me the confidence to speak French. My trainer was excellent and very patient! The course was well structured and took into account my exact requirements and schedule.”
Sourcing Unit Controller
“I’m very satisfied with the training, especially the flexibility regarding times, topics and my levels of Dutch.”
Outstanding expertize, very well structured approach, also the friendly character of our trainer made the cooperation over many weeks a very positive experience in areabic.
Global Supply Chain Analyst
“Excellent course, I am 100% satisfied.”